Requirements for F-1 Visa, Resident Alien and all other Visa Students
The Office of Undergraduate Recruitment and Admission is here to assist as you pursue entry to Clayton State University. All applicants must meet the admission requirements as freshmen or transfer student to pursue a Bachelor’s degree program. International students are required to submit the same credentials as domestic applicants. All documents must be submitted in English. If the credentials must be translated, the original copy (or a certified copy of the original) must be submitted along with the translation. If original transcripts or academic certificates are not available certified copies must be presented. All transcripts (whether originals or copies) must be officially certified and sent directly by the educational institution or certified by the appropriate embassy. Photocopies and faxes will not be accepted. Below are the steps to complete an international student undergraduate application.
Download the admission requirements checklist.
Submit your application and $40 application fee online by the appropriate posted deadline for your desired semester of entry.
Official transcripts from your high school and/or all post-secondary records. English evaluations of all foreign documents is required.
If you have 30 or more transferable credits from an accredited college or university, you must submit an official copy of all college transcripts, (if you are unsure you have the transfer credit, please submit your secondary school transcript as well)
You must have your foreign transcripts evaluated by one of the following credential evaluations services.
High school transcript: document-by-document
College/University transcript: course-by-course evaluation
International applicants whose primary native language is English must submit official SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) with a minimum of 430 Critical Reading (old verbal) and 400 Math OR ACT (American College Test) with a minimum or 17 English and 17 Math and 17 Composite.
Note: Official test scores must arrive directly from the testing source. No photocopies, faxes, scans or email attachments are accepted.
Testing: International applicants whose primary native language is not English must document proof of proficiency in English through one of the following options
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) 71 Total
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6 total minimum scores
Other methods to meet English proficiency required for undergraduate admissions.(with drop down of list below)
- Documented completion of CSU’s Intensive English Program (Level 6). Intensive English Program
- Georgia State University - English for Academic Purposes Program, level 5 (Advanced)
- Georgia Tech - Upper Advanced 700 Level ESL + Certificate of Completion
- Other USG ESL programs may be acceptable.
Contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions to inquire.
- A more exhaustive list can be schools may be found at this website.
- The applicant has earned a grade of "C" or better in College English / English Composition and Rhetoric from a regionally accredited U.S. College or University.
- The applicant has two years of English (not ESL) taken in a U.S. high school with grades of "C" or better
F-1 Visa students must provide evidence of financial support.
Submit the Financial Verification Form with the following:
- Affidavit from your financial sponsor indicating support required by the institution as indicated on the form
- Sworn or notarized letter from sponsor’s bank showing required funds available, in U.S. dollars